Jul 25, 2014

Sweet Potatoes this way

I never liked sweet potatoes.

I still don't.

Unless, of course, they are prepared like this...

Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes

What you need:
 - sweet potatoes, peeled and diced evenly
 - carrots, peeled and sliced
 - onion, peeled and roughly chopped
 - salt & pepper
 - 2 tbsp. oil
 - garlic powder*
 - dried basil*
 - turmeric*
 - paprika*

What you do:
Preheat the oven to 425 F.
Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. Transfer to a baking dish and spread evenly.




Bake for about an hour. You will have to stick a fork in a couple pieces to see if they are tender enough for your liking. I also have a seriously old-ass oven and it takes faaa-evah for something to roast in there.

I could eat this every day. Every. Day.
This is what it looked like on my dinner plate that night...




Let me know what you think!
:)

*I really just eyeball these amounts. Everyone has different preferences, but if I had to give an educated guess, I would say I put 1/3 tsp of each. Turmeric and paprika can become a little bitter if you use to much, so start with a little at first. 
That wasn't a very big help was it?!
lol

No comments:

Post a Comment