Sep 4, 2014

Fish... just fish

I do not like seafood.

That is all.

Goodbye.

...seriously though, I am not a fan of seafood in general but I will eat fish once in a while. I know how healthy it is for you, yes, I heard that one already. I just can't always handle that fish smell or taste. So... I do what anyone else would do... I bring on the spices!

This is far too easy to make to be called a recipe :)


Fish in the Oven

What you need:
 - fish! I used sole, but I think this would work well with any fish.
 - Canola oil (or whatever oil you have and prefer)
 - salt
 - pepper
 - thyme
 - paprika
 - garlic powder
 - fried basil

What you do:

Preheat the oven to 400 F.
Wash the fish and make sure there are no bones in it please... you don't want to gag on this deliciousness!
Pat the fish dry and place on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with the rest of the ingredients. I don't use exact measurements here, and neither should you (ok, other than the salt.. easy on that... you can always add more!). This recipe lends itself well to whatever rings your bell as far as flavor. You like more herbs, add 'em. Less paprika... no problemo.
Then turn the fish over and do it all over again.




Pop in the oven for 20 minutes or so. I have an antiquated tiny oven so it does it thing quite quickly. They are ready when they look somewhat like this or when you can flake a piece away easily with a fork.




Some people like to add some fresh lemon juice before it hits the oven. Do it!
Some like to add lemon juice before eating. Do it!
Either way, the lemon juice it optional, but it does go hand in hand with fish :)

This was so tasty... really! I would have left it in the oven even a little longer. I like it more browned and a little crispy on the edges. Serve this with some mashed potatoes and peas.... please.


Happy Eating!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment